Friday, February 12, 2010

Special People's Ball 2010

As the festivities continue through this Mardi Gras time of year- I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Special People's Ball with Junior League. The first time I heard about this big party- I knew it was right up my alley! :)

The ball started at 12pm and lasted until 4. People of all ages and their families are invited to attend the ball. There was face painting, bead gather, food, and DANCING! I started out as a greeter, but quickly found my way to the dance floor.
Here Lindsey and I shakin' our tail feathers with many of our new friends!

Words cannot express the JOY that I saw and had when I was at the this party! My heart was touched and reminded of what is truly important in life! Loving one another- no matter what our differences may be. This was a great way to step out of your comfort zone and have a BALL!


THe band played GREAT music! The man on the keyboard- David Salyer, has a daughter in my class and the man playing the guitar really was playing it behind his back- CRAZY skills!


Lindsey, Merideth and I- tired from our hours of dancing! It truly was one of the BEST days!
I even made the Galveston paper- dancing with Preston! He had a great energy and sweet disposition! Thanks for such a SWEET time! Can't wait until next year!!


xoxo,





1 comment:

Katy K. said...

This is why I love you!