Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday: Day 5

Oh- my sweet little LOVEBUGS are officially 1 year olds! I know that I have said it, but I really can't believe that they have been here for a year. I remember that just yesterday- I was talking with Katy K- about working out while pregnant, thinking of a baby name, finding out we were having 2, thinking of 2 baby names, planning the nursery, hurricane, finding out one was a boy, moving back to TX, moving to TN, finding out both were girls, thinking of girl names, new nursery, growing BIG as a house, keeping Max and planning for what was to come... I knew that I have always wanted to be a Mommy, but I could have never expected the way that I felt the first time I saw my 2 little girls and heard them "quack"- I am telling you they sounded like very little, LOUD ducks! The 2 MOST BEAUTIFUL babies I have ever laid my eyes on!! (Other mommy's- I know you know where I am coming from). In these past 365 days- I have watched my girls transition from the NICU to "almost" walkers. We are becoming so independent- this is bitter sweet for me. Of course I want my girls to GROW like they should, but I also want to hold those sweet babies as long as I can in my arms! Today as we celebrate day 5 in our week: I decided to share our "next" big transition with you- SIPPY CUP TIME! After a semi-unplanned Dr. visit- the girls and I headed to ClearLake for some shopping. We went to the mall first where the girls spent their Valentine money from Honey and G-daddy at Gymboree and strolled through the shoe department at Dillards. :) :) :) I mean we did drive all the way up there- no harm in window shopping! After the mall, we headed over to Babies R' Us and picked out our 1st SIPPY CUP. (I am sorry I am a good one that left my camera at home- but I did get some pictures of our 1st experience with our new cups)... Mattie- looking interested...
" It works!"

"This cup is a little different, but MILK is Oh SO Yummy!"



Success!!! Mattie did great!

Hailey enjoying her goldfish...



Reaching for her new cup...





"milk or goldfish... hmmmm???" I didn't catch the first sip, but....

I did catch the reaction. Hailey is not going to be as easy to win over to her new cups! :( Any of you Mommy's out there have any suggestions for me on brands, cups that worked for you, cups that didn't- help a sister out!
xoxo,

1 comment:

skballa said...

Reagan was strong-willed about milk from a cup. Strange, because she'd drink ANYTHING else given to her in a cup. She was holding on to that bottle for dear life. The ones that have won her over were the Dr.Brown's & avent sippies. She doesn't seem to have a problem getting the cup to "flow" good. Both available @ Babies r us. That's the only place I've found either of them.