Monday, February 8, 2010

Mardi Gras FEVER!

After a little doll making, my little dolls and I headed home to pick up Daddy and headed out to the first of MANY Mardi Gras festivities- The Krewe of Aquarius Parade! We met up with Laura and Nic (which I just realized I didn't get a picture of Nic- Sorry!) It was so much fun hanging out with them while we waited... waiteD.... waitED... waiTED... waITED.... wAITED.... and WAITED! We love Laura! She is ALWAYS willing to love on, help out, and watch my girls and I love that I know they are in such good care when she is around! Never hurts having another set of hands! Not to mention that I have found a great friend too!
Mattie waiting (thumb secure) for the floats we have been talking about. In the mean time, we convinced the guys to walk a little ways and buy a pizza. Still waiting...

The HAPPY couples ( I didn't realize I had a baby kiss on my shoulder).


It starts in true Galveston fashion!!! :)



Here are some friends of ours that go to church with us on their bus "Dancing Queen" throwing beads. I wonder how I can get on their next year....
Bucket list addition:
Ride on Mardi Gras float: CHUNK some beads



My little King Cakes all decked out in appropriate attire caught some beads! :) Great day even though we only saw about 3 floats and had to head in for naptime. Next year we will know- if it starts at 12, get their about 1pm.
Happy Mardi Gras!
xoxo,

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Looks like y'all had fun. Yeah I don't know of any Mardi Gras parade in Galveston ever starting on time! Ha! We normally take the boys to the Fat Tuesday parade. Less people and the floats have their lights on. We're looking forward to this years!