Monday, February 22, 2010

Lemons to Lemonade...

Today has definitely been "one of those days"- you know the day that starts just like every other day, but then all of the sudden the bottom drops out... and the LEMONS started rolling! Earlier today if I had blogged you would have had a bulleted list of all my LEMONS from today, but after much reflection, talking with my hubby and my mom, and a little quiet time in my Bible I have decided to talk about my LEMONADE! I am so blessed- EVERYDAY! Sometimes I do feel that challenges with situations and people are put on your path to "grow you". If everyday was peachy-(that would be great- don't get me wrong) but how are you changing, growing, becoming better??? I am choosing to be better from the day I had today- I know that the Lord is teaching me through these experiences and it is my prayer that I am open minded enough to see what that is.

Focus on the Lemonade!
*My sovereign God

*My amazing husband

*My 2 precious angel babies

*Both sets of our parents and siblings

*Genuine friends- the kind that you can just call and cry on Lemon days

*Forgiveness

*A warm home

*The power of prayer

*This day (however challenging it may be)

*the air in my lungs

*Seeing the beach

*Hugging my babies

*Hugging a friend

*JL- changing the community one volunteer even at a time

*Seeing the smile on my 2 year old kid-o's at school

*Knowing that I will always have a safe place... in the Lord.

I am blessed so much more than any list I could ever make...
It is my prayer that I remember:

"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, that defiles the man." Matt. 15:11

xoxo,

1 comment:

Katy K. said...

What an awesome attitude you have!!! We all need that reminder to focus on Jesus when things get hard. I'm soooo sorry that I didn't get a chance to call you back last night. Little LIlly decided to SCREAM until 10:30, which is very unlike her. Let's just say that I am drinking my lemonade this morning! Love ya!