Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday: Day 3

Since today is a VERY special day- we decided that we should go to a VERY special place... You guessed it- The Galleria! The mall of all malls! I love this place and just knew the girls would too!!! (and they did)

First thing this morning we took our first picture as 1 year olds!!!! I think they are ready for their birthday hug! Aren't our shirts CUTE! My best friend Jana gave them to my girls for their birthday! So sweet!
About nap time we headed to the mall- since it is a decent drive, I figured they could nap in the car. :)
Luckily, our friend Lindsey B. was in Houston and wanted to meet up with us! She loves some babies and will be a great mommy (sooner or later)!

We ate at The Cheesecake Factory... and then shopped some more. We found the perfect pair of silver slippers at Baby GAP as a birthday treat. I mean- what girl doesn't want a new pair of shoes on her birthday! We had a BALL. The girls were real troopers. I think they really liked watching people and of course so many thought they were too cute. They have both become so friendly with the general public- their little smiles and waves are infectious.
I am so blessed to be their mommy. Everyday- I am challenged and rewarded beyond anything I could have ever dreamed. I often think back to the day in the hospital that our world changed FOREVER- and SMILE! God gave Ken and I the most amazing gifts that day- to love these babies and raise them to be Godly women.
GOD is SO SO GOOD! I can't wait to see the perfect plan that He has for our girls. I am so proud of them.


Mommy and Mattie at the Cheesecake factory! How different this day was one year later!



Mommy and Hailey- we both love sweet treats!



Hailey- all tuckered out from her BIG day shopping! I love having little girls that I can do this stuff with! Thanks Boone for going with us! You are such a treasure of a friend! :) :) :) Let's do it again soon!
Once home- Daddy was whipping up some fried chicken and shrimp- YUMMY! The girls love being in the kitchen with us. Such good little helpers.

Daddy and Mattie- check out their birthday PJ's!

Daddy with Hailey too! The day ended perfectly- our friends The Vance's came over for dinner and The Bachelor! LOVE IT! We are a very blessed family!

xoxo,

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love how the girls are living up being 1. So cute! You are truly blessed!