Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shower of LOVE!

The invitation to Katy's Baby Shower! Remember- she isn't finding out if Baby K is a boy or a girl! Hopefully we will know towards the end of September! The cake to match the invitation! I mean PRECIOUS!
Katy and her mom- "Cheers" with special baby shower cups!!!
The HOSTESSES: me, Mommy to be- Katy, Amanda, Christen, and Jen! This was a great group of girls to host a shower with!
The food spread! YUM!
My best fish village friend- Christen!
Let the present opening begin! Katy got lots of goodies for Baby K! The Haynes girls can't wait to find out if we are going to have another best friend or a boy to fight over! :)
Look- a UTMB tee! I'm going to have to find one for my girls to support their daddy!!Our present from Christen, Lindsay P. (not in picture) and me: Since Galveston just isn't the same without the K Family- we thought we would give a Galveston themed gift! I am telling you this city gets to your heart! :) We got lots of t-shirts of everything on the island that Katy and David loved and had it made into a T-shirt quilt! I love this! I had one made by my mom of my sorority t-shirts! I think Katy was touched by our gift! We definitely miss her smiling face and fun times on the island, but I know after a short car ride- we will see each other often! The Lord has provided me with such great friends here- a bond that no hurricane can break!!! I love you girls!!!!
Mr. Dunn at the shower- he couldn't miss the chance to shower his baby girl with love! We loved having him too! Here he is getting a little practice with baby Henry. :) "Papa Hot Rod" has got it down pat!
The next day was church- it was so fun going to church with everyone again! Although Ken had been on call Saturday night- he said he felt well enough to go to church (on 2 hours sleep)- what a trooper! I think he really wanted to see people outside of the hospital setting! Here is a picture of David (Katy's hubby and baby K's daddy) meeting our girls for the first time! Mattie thought he was so sweet! I love watching these men just gush over babies! So cute!
After church, Katy's dad took us all to lunch at Star drugstore! I love that place- you can get the best milkshakes there. It is like you jump back in time! :)
We enjoyed getting to spend time with all of you! Can't wait to add little Andy or Lilly to the mix!

No comments: