Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day of Yaga's Cookoff

What a fun weekend!!! I started Saturday with a 5k! I am really working on "becoming" a runner! Inspiration: healthy living, promoting healthy habits for my girls, Courtney D., the last 15lbs I want to lose post baby! I started small- 3.1 miles... all of the money goes to the Children's Center on the island! It was perfect weather and had a great time running with Lindsay and Davis.
Lindsay, Davis and I after we finished... We are planning on building to half marathon by November! After the morning run on seawall- I came home and our family headed up to the "Wild Game Cookoff"! What a fun afternoon...


There was a petting zoo

lots of yummy food... (Here Hailey is with Scott Rice and Daddy)




Mattie checking out her new found freedom by being a walker! Today was the first time that we actually didn't want to be held, but wanted to walk... we are in trouble. :)



The girls loved the animals and the goats loved them! Hailey, Daddy and a goat!




Mommy, Mattie and another goat...


Mattie LOVED the 5 and under bounce house! She would just jump on her knees and laugh! It was so cute. Hailey wouldn't even get in it... so funny how their little personalities are so different.


One of the wonderful "Sandbar-b-q cookers" Brandon and his sidekick Davis! The food was great! We had chicken, ribs, and brisket. I even tasted rabbit- no I didn't like it.




This is a true picture of my day- everyday- Mattie loves books. She wants you to read them over and over again... sits so still and content. Hailey is trying to figure out what else she can get into! :) After some fun- time to head home for naps! We ALL took one! Saturday night- we had our sweet friends Laura and Nic come over to keep the girls and Davis so that the Mommies and Daddies could have a night out! We headed back down to the cookoff for some more food and fun!



A couple of my favorite girls! What a fun night! Liz, Lindsay and me at the tent!

The Perez's and The Haynes's enjoying our night out!
More of my favorite mommies: Trisha, Kelli, me, and LP! Thanks for a fun night friends! :)
xoxo,

No comments: