Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve: Galveston 2011

Well- not everything goes as planned and Christmas Eve is proof of that...
As I said in a previous post, Ken was on call- not trauma call, tooth call- and of course as luck would have it a random guy in Beaumont let his tooth infection get so bad that it couldn't wait and Ken had to go into the OR... on Christmas Eve.
***Don't get me wrong- I am SO SO SO SO proud that my husband could help this man, but I am a little sad that this man has had this infection for several days, even weeks and did nothing for it until he couldn't breathe.... But like us resident mom's do- we carry on and love our surgeons! :)
Mattie, Hailey and I got ready for the Candlelight service at First Baptist Church. I couldn't imagine not going- although I knew that the girls would have to go to the service with me. I have gone to a candlelight service on Christmas Eve as long as I can remember and I want that special memory for my girls too! It was a great service- as usual, God provided me with an "angel on earth"- Laura Vance! Even though she is 7 months pregnant, she helped me corral my tow! I love our friends here! I love how much they love our girls! :)
Some of our favorite FBC friends: Jeanine, Laura, and Kate (not pictured yet: Ellie and Nora).
M &H after the service- which they did great sitting through! They even joined in on the singing. Precious hearing their voices in my ear as the congregation sang.
Since Ken was still in the OR after the service, I made the executive decision to swing through McDonald's for the girls dinner... (don't judge).
Since our dresses were cream and we had ketchup as a dip, we dined topless by the tree... they didn't care. I can hardly keep clothes on these 2 as it is...
After dinner, we got ready for bed- talked about baby Jesus, God's love for us, Santa coming to see good girls, and took an auto timed pic for the memory books.
After the girls went down- I kicked into high gear! Our little elves, The Pampalon's came over to help get the girls goodies situated! It was a lot of fun sharing our "set up" with them.

Thankfully Ken was home about 9:45pm- so Santa could come. :)

All in all it was a great Christmas Eve with our friends here in Galveston!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

XOXO,

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

Definitely no judgement on McDonalds for dinner. Andrew hasn't had it yet, but he does love ketchup...not so much the fry but definitely the ketchup.