Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Away in a manager...

Wow- it is that time of year again... time of shopping, gatherings with friends and family, church services, travel, and celebration! It is "the most wonderful time of the year"!
I, espeically have always loved Christmas- for so many reasons- the memories of waiting for Santa, amazing Christmas Eve candlelight services, swearing I heard Santa's sleigh on our roof, the pure joy that this season brings- we all get to revisit our "childhood", but I have to say that I think that I am by far the most excited this year!!! I can't wait to experience this holiday season with my precious family. Mattie and Hailey are at the perfect age- they think every present is great, every light on the tree amazing, they LOVE to point to Santa and call him by name, Mattie loves to kiss him, but only in books, Hailey carries around baby Jesus from our Fisher Price manger- can you say heart warming. He has the whole world in His hands and she is holding him- PRICELESS!
I love the idea of starting/continuing Christmas traditions. My friend, Katy K- gave me the idea of using your Christmas cards as ways to pray for friends and loved ones- how cool is that!!

I am so excited to see what Santa brings these very good girls... but most of all I am excited to hear Ken read the Christmas story to them. It is my prayer above all other prayers- that Jesus is in their hearts from a very early age. I know they have been put on this earth to do amazing things for a sovereign God! AMEN! I am so blessed to be there mommy or "mimmi" as Hailey calls me.

As you and your family get swept up in the hustle and bustle that this season brings... take time to remember a little baby in a manger, who eventually gave his life so that we could LIVE! This story becomes more and more powerful to me each year- as I have children of my own...

Let's celebrate the true meaning of Christmas!
Happy Birthday Jesus! (Yes- a new tradition in my household- birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Day!)
Merry Christmas from The Haynes Family!

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Romans 10:13

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura and I are joining forces to do a birthday party for Jesus in our Sunday School classes this Sunday. The kids are going to decorate cupcakes. I have birthday hats and blowers left over from Everett's party. Laura is going to hang a Happy Birthday banner. It's going to be fun! You guys should come!