Sunday, September 27, 2009

Resiterns: "Surviving September"!

Whew! What a week!!!! This was a busy one! John Mark- a friend from Ken's Dental School visited with us and externed at UTMB in hope of being next year's 1st year. We love recrutiting people to the island! :) We had a great time catching up with him. John Mark is a known cook- and this week he treated us to some banana's foster- YUM!!! What a treat! Here he is with the "itty bitty's"! I think he was very entertained by them. I also started my Junior League Provisional year this week. This seemed like a great way to be active in our community, meet new friends, all while sharing God's love! I am really excited about several upcoming events with this great women's organization!and this weekend...
RESITERNS! I was in charge of the resitern get together for September. I went with the theme "Surviving September" since most of us were here for "IKE" and we also made it through this year WITHOUT a single scare!!! Whoop whoop! It was a great time to see familiar faces and hang out with some new ones! Here are a few pictures of our beach party Galveston Style!!

Yes- you can drive on the beach here! Love having an SUV for this kind of stuff! We picked up Chili's for everyone and just had a great night at the beach we all love!


Mattie and I- I'm thinking she loves having her toes in the sand! Who can blame her- that is one of life's simple pleasures!



Daddy with Hailey- showing off her walking skills!





Our sweet family- Galveston Island, September 2009! My babies are 7 months old.
Hopefully, Sunday we will rest!
Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: