Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our month at school!

Well as some of you may have heard- I decided to try and go back to work part time... I have waited to blog about this because I was a little apprehensive from the get go- I was hired at East End Preschool, a mother's day out from 8:30-11:45am in the 2 year old classroom. The girls were able to go with me, but were in a different room. Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks I am feeling extremely overwhelmed by all that comes with working with 2 year olds, being a nursing mommy (my milk has quadrupled from all the tears), and keeping house. I just felt like I am not giving 100% to anything- this broke my heart since I want to be the BEST mommy I can be to my monkeys!!! EEP- they have an amazing facility and I have really enjoyed getting to know so many Galveston friends! Here are a few pictures of the girls first day of school! *The girls have lost all the "strawberry" in their hair- they are "REAL" blondes now!!! I am sure that they will agree- Blondes do have more FUN!!!
Here my girls are with their teacher Mrs. Laura. She has been amazing with them! They love her- Laura and her hubs go to our new church so I am sure we will get to know them better. I am sure that the girls will request her to babysit for them sometime too!


Here the girls are in their "Tiny Tot" room.

I love that MDO is available- sometimes Mommy's really do need a little "Mommy Time"! I am so glad that God used this to show me not to take a minute with my sweet girls for granted!



2 comments:

burnettb said...

Girl, do not feel guilty. Now you know what every mother faces when going back to work. Especially for those who don't have a choice it is a very difficult thing to do. Your girls are getting so big and are so beautiful. They are a perfect mix of you and Ken. Maegan talked about us taking a road trip and bringing the boys to see you all. I hope we can do that soon.

Heather said...

Don't feel bad! I did this same thing a few years back. I went to work at JB and Conner's MDO in the two year old class. After about 4 weeks I broke. I felt like I was running mad. I decided to just sub. Then I had the choice to work that particular day. If this week was going crazy then I would stay home to catch up.
Hope it all works out. heather