Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homemade fruit snack candy and play


Recently a blog that I LOVE- lullaby lubbock- had a post about making homemade candy with her daughters. It was a "sweet" idea! I decided that I needed to do this with M & H! They loved it. They got to help me mix, stir, and watch the candy boil. They are learning patience through activities like this one- hahaha- so is Mommy. :)


It was super easy- mix jello powder with gelatin and water- mix in a little water- double boil and pour in molds- set in fridge for a few minutes and wah-la!! They weren't too bad either...
Loving our homemade treat

Some of the final product...
Playing hard... playing with snacks.... hmmm....
An extra special treat yesterday- IV and Ms. Liz came over to play and talk wedding! (A special congratulations to Liz and Matty!) The girls love to play with IV, especially Mattie! They ran a million miles chasing each other. It was so fun!
In the midst of playing, Liz pointed out that she thought that Mattie might be taller than IV and Hailey isn't that much shorter either.... This blows my mind... I know Mattie is tall (90th percentile), but IV is 8 months older than her. I guess I just never really thought I could have a tall girl! We may have a supermodel or ballerina on our hands! Let's take a moment and applaud two mommies for accomplishing an amazing feat- all 3 standing, looking at the camera...
well for a split second anyway! Love this picture- shows IV spirit! :) :) :)
XOXO,

No comments: