Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prayers for Elizabeth

Let me back track...

Last Saturday night- I met a girl- Erin Kay originally from Arkansas but living in Galveston, TX now. We became fast friends! I immediately felt a connection to her- I guess it is the "joining TN and Ark thing" or the fact that Ken and my sister Lauren both have such a history with Arkansas- that I too have seen my fair share of the state. Long story short we became facebook friends- from there- on her page I saw this blog about another girl in Arkansas. As most of you know- I love to read blogs: this one has really pulled at my heartstrings and I just had to share. This beautiful young girl: Elizabeth was in a terrible car wreck about 2 weeks ago- this blog was created to inform her family and friends of her condition, but also to just ask for prayer for her. I don't know Elizabeth, but I can see through the words written about her that God is doing amazing things in her life- she is BEAUTIFUL inside and out. I am touched by her story as a woman, a wife, a sister, a daughter, and a mommy. I am convicted to pray for this girl and her family! God never said this life was going to be easy or that we are promised another day- He just said her would be our rock! I pray they constantly feel that SOLID ROCK beneath their feet as they go through this with Elizabeth. Take a moment and just read her story- I feel greater things are coming from this situation.



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).


http://prayingforliz.blogspot.com/

xoxo,

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thank you for sharing this. One of my former co-workers' brother was in this same accident. He is in the hospital and will be paralyzed. So sad how quickly things happened. I will pray for her as well.