Tuesday, February 7, 2012

13:1

On February 5, 2012, two "CRAZY" (according to Ken), girls went to Sangerfest Park to "run the race set before them"...
Everything that Liz and I have worked for- the long runs, the short runs, the snacks, the flat tires on strollers, the water bottles, the wardrobe planned... we were ready for the Mardi Gras 1/2 marathon! I am so EXCITED to say I set a goal- with the help and encouragement of Ken and encouragement of Liz--- I REACHED my goal to run a 1/2 marathon! We did it... Liz and I ran the entire thing in 2 hours and 23 minutes. WAHOO!!! It was one of the hardest runs ever. The weather was 49 degrees and it rained the entire time... but we did it!
Here we are with our finisher medals! I kind of want to wear it every day. Up next a sticker for my car- yep! I am that girl- at least for the time being! :)
Thanks Liz- you are the best running buddy ever!

XOXO,

No comments: